February 21-24, 2020
The Providence Centre
Email transfer to email@example.com
Pay with credit card below
Intermediate Course Curriculum
Examine the different categories and causes of traumatic shock
and approaches to treating each case including:
• Global High Intensity Trauma i.e. surgery, electrocution, hallucinogens, drowning, suffocation, strangulation, fetal distress, traumatic birth, intrauterine stress, and invasive medical procedures in utero.
• Inescapable Attack i.e. by wild animals, rape, war, bombings, physical abuse, mugging, incest, molestation.
• Physical Injury i.e. surgery, anesthesia, burns, poisoning, hospitalizations, stabbing, gunshot wounds.
• Failure of Physical Defense i.e. falls, high impact accidents, head injury.
• Emotional Trauma i.e. severe neglect and abandonment, severe loss, ongoing abuse.
• Natural Disasters i.e. earthquakes, fires, tornadoes, floods, social dislocation from the natural world and community.
• Horror i.e. seeing an accident (especially with blood, gore), watching someone else be abused, raped, killed or tortured, killing or hurting someone yourself.
• Torture and Ritual Abuse i.e. war torture, repeated rape in war, concentration camp, and systematic abuse (sometimes with the person drugged.)